Saturday, August 13, 2011

Redesign: "Teach IL..." & LILi websites

I mentioned in a previous post that I had moved all of the content from the LILi (Lifelong Information Literacy group) LibGuide and my “Teach Information Literacy & Critical Thinking!” LibGuide to Google Sites websites when I retired from the UCLA Library at the end of June. But I’m still learning how to use Google Sites, and have finally figured out how to create navigation tabs at the top of each page, similar to the tabs utilized in LibGuides, rather than having user-unfriendly very long and skinny navigation sidebars. I hope this will make these sites easier to use and more helpful, though you still need to scroll down to the bottom of each page to see links to subpages.

As a reminder, on the "Teach Information Literacy..." site, I’ve mounted many of my materials (slide shows, handouts, etc.) in the “For Librarians” page, all freely available for downloading and adaptation, under a Creative Commons license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike.

The LILi Google Site includes downloadable minutes, as well as information and materials from LILi projects and research.

I hope this is helpful and would appreciate any suggestions for improvement (see contact information below). Thank you!

Best,
Esther
--
Esther Grassian
Information Literacy Librarian, Retired
UCLA College Library
estherg@ucla.edu
SL: Alexandria Knight
Twitter: estherg
Skype: egrassian
https://sites.google.com/site/esthergrassian/

No comments:

Post a Comment