I'm writing with an exciting opportunity to nominate yourself or a colleague to be the ALA representative to the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Board of Examiners from 2011-2014. Members of the NCATE Board of Examiners (BOE) perform the most essential component of the NCATE process—the voluntary peer review of the professional education unit at a college or university. All on-site visits to schools of education are conducted by BOE teams of 3–6 persons. The BOE is comprised of approximately 400 members of the professional education community representing teachers, teacher educators, policy makers, and specialty areas.
The selection process is as follows:
* October 15: Deadline for applications (see below for more information)
* October 15 – November 1: The EBSS Executive Committee reviews applications submitted and prepares recommendation.
* November 12-26: ACRL Board discussion and virtual vote period
* December 3: ACRL Board submits ACRL’s recommendation to the ALA Executive Board for consideration.
* Midwinter 2011: ALA Executive Board votes and the successful candidate will be appointed to a three-year term as the ALA representative to NCATE Board of Examiners.
Nominees must submit:
* A letter of application articulating qualifications (see the list of qualifications
* A current vita
Please send application materials directly to Stephanie Davis-Kahl, Chair, Education & Behavioral Sciences Section (EBSS) (email@example.com) by October 15, 2010.
For more information, please see the post on ALA Connect (http://connect.ala.org/node/110823). If you cannot view the post, please email me and I will send you the document.
I hope you will consider this opportunity!