I am looking for librarians who would be willing to have students observe one of their synchronous group ILI sessions. These sessions may be taught in person (in Southern California) or in a 3D virtual world (e.g, Second Life). Students will not include the names of librarians and institutions in their reports, though you may request a copy of the paper from the student.
The list of observation sites will be posted on the class web site by April 1st, the first day of class, and Reports are due on April 29th. Students will contact you to make an appointment to observe a session and to set up an appointment for a brief interview with you prior to their observation. During the interview they will ask about your instructional experience as well as the context and goals (or expected learning outcomes) for the session they will be observing. If you would like to volunteer, please email me directly (Esther Grassian: email@example.com)
1. Your institution's name
2. Your name or the name of the contact person who can make these arrangements
3. Your phone number, including area code, for appointments and information
4. Type of instruction which may be observed
5. Dates, times and places when your ILI sessions will be offered
6. Any other pertinent information you would like to offer
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Look forward to hearing from you, and thank you in advance!